We view the relationship with our franchisees as a ‘Financial Partnership’ in which our objectives are aligned. As a franchisee you will have someone to provide you with support in times that you may lack knowledge, or simply need someone to bounce ideas off.
We want to see you succeed. Becoming part of our franchise family is a great opportunity to own your own business whilst being part of an established network. In doing so you will have access to the following benefits:
- Mentoring and Coaching – provided by our dedicated Franchise and Field Teams to empower you with knowledge, support, guidance and assist you in building your business.
- UnitedCard – our very own successful fleet card used by businesses small and large to manage their fleet’s fuel purchases and drive large volumes right to your doorstep.
- Shop UP/What’s UP – United’s very own unique monthly magazine. This informs you of all current promotions and gives you expert advice across all categories to keep you well informed of industry updates as well as how to maximise on profit opportunity.
- Full and Comprehensive Training – We want our franchisees to hit the ground running as well-trained, competent operators. Our training is detailed across all areas of the business over a specially tailored five-week induction program.
- Ongoing Innovation – We are the first retailer to offer Ethanol petroleum products at all sites. This means that users of Ethanol petroleum products pay less and get the benefits of a cleaner burning fuel. Better for the car and the environment as well as more savings for your customers.
- Reassuring Fuel Management – We own and operate two fuel terminals and one Ethanol facility in Australia. All fuel supply to a United site is managed through a well organized, reliable program at Head Office to keep your workload to a minimum. This frees you up so that you may spend more time in store getting to know your customers and building your relationships and loyalty.
What’s the Investment Going to Be?
So you’ve decided you want to embark on an exciting journey us. Below is a guide on some of the key cost considerations.
Initial investment usually starts upwards of $450,000 and comprises of the following:
- Franchise Fee – this is for the Franchise Agreement that lasts for 12 years which consists of an initial term of 6 years then the option of another 6 years.
- Goodwill Fee – this varies from site to site depending on individual shop performance.
Start-up costs to consider are:
- Initial stock when you purchase the franchise
- Fuel Bond Security
- Working capital (cash flow)
Ongoing costs to us consist of (but are not limited to):
- Royalty/Rent – charged daily as a fixed percentage of your overall shop sales
- Fees on service provisions (Equipment Support, Insurance, Software Support)
We provide the following upon commencement (what you don’t have to outlay for):
- Fuel – we place and deliver all orders of fuel and accordingly all franchisees are paid a commission on all fuel sold
- Site Operating Equipment (pumps, cool room, console POS, computers etc)
- Shop fit-out (all shelving, stripping, counter tops, signage, lighting etc)